True North By Bill George Selected As One Of 25 Best Leadership Books Of All Time
We are very proud to announce that True North has been selected as one of the 25 Best Leadership Books of All-Time by Soundview. It is a privilege to be included with such great authors as Warren Bennis, Peter Drucker, Daniel Goleman, Sun Tzu, Jim Collins, Clay Christensen, Stephen Covey, John Kotter and Dale Carnegie. Here is the complete list: https://bit.ly/2JV0SEf
Discover Your True North – updated and expanded – is available from Amazon.com at a special price of $13.52 (58% discount off $32 list): https://amzn.to/2MiOFe8.
In case you don’t know, Soundview selects and summarizes the best business books that are published every year. And, since we’ve been doing this for the past 41 years, we’ve seen A LOT of leadership books filter through our offices. Literally thousands …
Most are good, some are great, and others go on to be business classics – the books that every aspiring manager or leader needs to read. These are the books that offer ideas and strategies that change the way people think and disrupt the way business is conducted.
That being the case, we decided to put pen to paper and publish our list of the25 Best Leadership Books of All-Time .
Without further ado, here is our list (in no particular order):
- On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Wooden on Leadership by John Wooden & Steve Jamison
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Primal Leadership: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis & Annie McKee
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations by James Kouzes & Barry Posner
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan
- Emotional Intelligence: What It Can Matter More than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Leading Change by John Kotter
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail by Clayton Christensen
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You by John C. Maxwell
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter by Michael Watkins
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard & Spencer Johnson
- True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership by Bill George
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
For more information about these classic books, scroll through the in-depth list of the 25 Best Leadership Books of All-Time .
This content was originally posted on MenaFN.com on 7/26/2019.