April 06, 2020
CNBC: Medtronic CEO Omar Ishrak On Ramping Up Ventilator Production
Medtronic CEO Omar Ishrak on CNBC this morning made several key announcements & important points about ventilators:
- MDT progressing on steep ramp up of production of PB 980 (high end vent).
- MDT has developed a new allocation system to get ventilators to hospitals with greatest need.
- MDT working with Foxconn to build PB 560 (lower end vent) in Wisconsin.
- Tesla will produce vital component: solenoid valve (not assembling ventilators).
- Intel creating a remote monitoring system for experts to manage ventilator from central location.
- MDT working with other manufacturers in Asia to produce vents.
- DPA is helping MDT ensure supply sources.
Watch the full discussion here: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/06/medtronic-ceo-omar-ishrak-on-ramping-up-ventilator-production.html