More Speakers at the 2009 World Business Forum
Dennis Nally, CEO of PricewaterhouseCoopers, believes that transparency is the lifeblood of investors. There must be a simplification of accounting regulations, and a convergence of opinion on how to best enforce those regulations, in order for us to take a crucial step towards recovery.
- BobPrestonCCO Dennis Nally (CEO PWC) – #collaboration required B2Gov, B2B, and Gov2Gov to achieve transparency of global standards #wbf09 #finance
- ellenfweber Dennis Nally is directing us away from the perils of pretentious prose and back to trust and transparency. http://bit.ly/ZZ1if You?#WBF09
- Bill_George BGTeam: RT @AndreaMeyer: Dennis Nally (CEO PWC): #Collaboration is vital to achieving transparency #wbf09
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Dennis Nally: PwC 12th annual CEO survey says stakeholders (internal and external) are collaborating more.
- stu Dennis Nally (CEO PWC) discussing requirements for global standards < in #tech a problem is in standardS not standard #wbf09
- innovate Dennis Nally‘s main point seems to be that we need convergence on accounting, regulations, and standards – makes sense from PwC guy #wbf09
Francisco Gonzalez, CEO of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA), highlights short-termism as the mentality that greatly contributed to the economic downfall.
Across his speech, he noted that the three top priorities for BBVA are:
- Know the customers, and to serve them ethically
- Invest in technology to provide the lowest cost in industry
- Grow our footprint in the marketplace
- “We have focused on transforming our bank while others are still trying to come out of the crisis. We believe we are on the way to becoming a leader in the new financial industry that is taking shape.”
- “In running our business, we have been true to our principles and our commitment to people. Constant innovation will continue to underpin our work.”
- “Technology will play a key role in the transformation of the banking sector. Any bank that bypasses this transformation process will struggle to survive.”
- innovate RT @jkhoey ‘Short-termism’ and perils of that strategy raises its head again! – From Francisco Gonzalez of BBVA #wbf09
- 85BroadsNewYork Francisco Gonzalez 3 pillars of Banco Bilboa: Principles, People, Innovation #wbf09
- jkhoey We don’t see a ‘customer’ we see a whole person – Francisco Gonzalez #wbf09
- BobPrestonCCO RT @AndreaMeyer: now speaking: Francisco Gonzalez, CEO Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA), world’s 2nd largest bank #economy #wbf09
Peter Voser, CEO of Royal Dutch Shell, asserts that by 2050, global energy demand will double. In response we will need heavy investment in nuclear power, biofuels, and natural gas. However, even then it will be extremely difficult to meet our energy needs. There are no easy answers, but they are beginning to surface.
- ignacio11 Shell’s Peter Voser lays vision for energy company of future, opportunity for US to lead on #climate http://tiny.cc/RI5fb Thoughts? #wbf09
- hsmamericas Natural gas is the energy of the future: Breakfast with Peter Voser #wbf09
- SethKahan Peter Voser: Catalytic converters and cap & trade were invented in US – legacy of leadership #wbf09
- YourBoot We may be in trouble! RT @SethKahan: Peter Voser: Many nations are paying close attention to what happens in Congress #wbf09
- SethKahan Peter Voser: Working together US & China would have powerful impact on climate change #wbf09
- SethKahan Peter Voser: US produces 7% world’s oil, consumes 1/5 world’s energy #wbf09
- Bill_George BGTeam: Royal Shell CEO Peter Voser at #wbf09: Natural gas will be half our energy portfolio… part of “transformation” of global energy
- Starbucker Peter Voser, CEO Royal Dutch Shell, talking about oil & energy. Are they really serious about reducing emissions? We’ll see. #wbf09
- VaultCareers Antoine van Agtmael: “I believe we now live in the emerging markets century” #wbf09
- AndreaMeyer Antoine van Agtmael coined the term “Emerging Markets” & wrote Emerging Markets Century http://ow.ly/pmqw #wbf09
- businessboomer LIVE NOW Antoine van Agtmael, Chairman & CIO of Emerging Markets LLC from #WBF09 @BusinessBoomer
Morris Chang, CEO of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Morris Chang: In Q3 that just passed, business back to pre-crash levels.
- atownley Well done! RT @mmathias: #wbf09 #ctoclub Morris Chang: $600m – $700m on R&D. During downturn, increased R&D by 10%.
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Morris Chang: 40% factory utilization is break-even point, so they make money when others are losing.
- jkhoey TSMC’s Morris Chang lists ‘customer partnerships’ as a core business strengh #wbf09
- ChiefCatalyst RT @ChiefCatalyst: Morris Chang over 54 years in semiconductors, saw 8-10 crisis. This one second to Internet bubble burst in 2000. #wbf09
- 85BroadsNewYork @innovate Morris Chang rocked!
Irene Rosenfield, Kraft CEO, had some pithy advice: “Get the right people on the bus. Raise the bar on performance.”
Values in Action
- We inspire trust
- Act like an owner
- Keep it simple
- We are open and inclusive
- We tell it like it is
- We lead from the head and the heart
- We discuss. We decide. We deliver.
- AndreaMeyer up next @ #wbf09 Kraft CEO Irene Rosenfeld, 1 of only 12 female Fortune 500 CEOs #leadership
- businessboomer Listened about what was working and what wasn’t. Then turn insights into actions. – Irene Rosenfeld, Kraft Foods CEO on stage #wbf09
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Irene Rosenfeld: Company reorg decentralized, basing compensation on revenue, growth, and cash flow.
- wordwealthy Decentralization led to progress at Kraft. Local decisions are smarter decisions. Irene Rosenfeld (Chairwoman) #wbf09
- ChiefCatalyst Reframing the future–>Learn. Refocus. Prune. Verify. Repeat. Irene Rosenfeld, Kraft CEO. #wbf09
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Irene Rosenfeld: Transformation Step #1: Get the right people on board.
- mmathias #wbf09 #ctoclub Irene Rosenfeld: Transformation Step #2: Give them a roadmap.
- ColetteCote RT @mmathias: #wbf09 #ctoclub Irene Rosenfeld: #Transformation Step #3 Engage their hearts and minds.
- marketpublique At HSN’s #wbf – Irene Rosenfeld of Kraft just showed the evolution of the Oreo package – love the vintage ones!